11 Reasons Why Social Media is a Bridge
to More Customers
- Branding – Create a recognizable identity for your product or service. This is extremely important for a small business.
- Create a buzz – Get the word out about your products and services in a way that promotes online conversation.
- Online reputation management – Find out what other people and sites are saying about your name, company, or brand online – and fix any problems, if need be.
- Word of mouth – Customers need to trust before purchasing – people trust their friends and loved ones more than anyone else. So, if they hear from someone trustworthy about your product, chances are higher that they’ll buy. Use virtual word of mouth.
- Build relationships and become more personal – Use a variety of social media, and you’ll build relationships with customers and potential customers. Trust comes through honesty and sincerity.
- Small businesses can compete with the large companies – Level the playing field.
- Helps with search engines – Like I mentioned above, social media helps you move up in the search engines because of links. Many social news sites and social networking sites have “do follow” links in their profile pages.
- Much cheaper than traditional marketing and advertising – Social media marketing shouldn’t cost a small business nearly as much as traditional advertising. And, if you do it yourself, it might not cost a dime. However, it will cost you time. Depending how much your time is worth, it might be worthwhile to hire someone to help with the social media marketing. But, all in all, social media marketing is just a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing and advertising.
- Your company is more accessible – An accessible company means a more trustworthy company.
- Provides another way for potential customers to find you – If you’re not high enough in the search engines for potential customers to find you, they can still find you through social media. So, even if you’re not on the front page of Google, it doesn’t mean you can’t receive traffic. Social Media has the potential to send you TONS of traffic – when done properly.
- Show Your Stuff – Universal Search is pretty new. Google used to only list links on their main page. Now you can list on social media and that will come up in the searches.